Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sewer Girls: Chapter 7

I return to the sewer in a week. All goes well going there, and I find a slice of bread and a potato. I jump into the sewer again, and when the oily water washes over my legs I groan. I pull the cover back over and begin walking. I even start whistling, it's better down here in the dank, dark, dampness, than up in the ghetto. The bodies, the blood, it's absolutely disgusting up there.
“Aaaaahh!” I shriek as I tumble into the sewage waste. I try to get up again, falling over this huge thing again. “Eww...”
Then I realize that it's a body.
I scream again as I slosh away, heart thumping louder than my shrieks. I clutch the mushy potato, and I slip on the dissolving bread. I fall into the water, a rat crawls into my hair. I try to shriek again, but the polluted water slides into my mouth when I open it. I cough and splutter, ripping the squealing rat out of my hair. I stumble forward, and prop myself up on the slimy wall, clutching my potato. I burst into sobs, wailing into the darkness of the sewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment