Wednesday, November 16, 2011

More About Me

 When I was little, I thought that when I was older, I would be so smart and life would be so wonderful. I looked up to the sixth graders in my elementary school, but soon in kindergarten I realized that we were better behaved than they were. We had to walk single file down the hallway on the third tile away from the wall, silent, with our hands behind our backs. The sixth graders, though, stood wherever they wanted in line and chatted with their friends and were loud. It gave me some pride that I was better behaved than them, and a little excited for when I could talk in line and not have to stand rigidly with my hands clasped behind my back. I also thought I would be able to stay up so late and get to watch more movies. I figured that I would be able to do whatever I wanted, because I would be so grown up.
 I don't know what the best thing I've ever done is and I'm not sure what the worst thing I've ever done was. I feel bad for teasing Thomas when he was little and am regretting not being nicer to him now, but I don't have one specific huge regret.
 I worry about my intelligence. Not really, but sort of. A little. I don't care enough to do anything about it, so I guess I don't care. I care enough to worry, but not do anything. I don't really care about my grades, so I very rarely study and I'm usually surprised when I walk into class and it's set up for a test. I am happy when I get a good grade, and a little sad when I get a bad grade, but I just get what I get. I compare myself to my brother, Thomas, a lot, which my parents always protest about how horrible it is to be comparing myself to him. Because I'm in MathCounts, I'm constantly comparing what I got to the leading student, this obnoxious sixth grader, my annoying brother. It doesn't help that he gloats that he got all of them right, again, or got the most out of anyone.
 I worry about my family and friends. I worry for their well-being and how they're doing, especially when my friends tell me that they're fine when they've shown signs of someone who's not okay. I also worry about if I've hurt my friend's feelings or if I've done something wrong. I worry about the large and lurking future and what is hiding in it's foggy mists.
 I am the happiest when I'm surrounded by my extended family, usually around holidays. There's such a warm happy feeling when we're all together. My little cousins running around, my aunts and uncles laughing and talking together, a general fun-filled place. I love waking up from a nap and knowing that I can go out of my room and play with my adorable little cousins or go help someone fix up a snack they're making, or have an intelligent discussion with one of my aunts or uncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment